By taking a break from our daily busy lives, everyone must go on a family/friends journey to get a peace of mind. While a road trip or a flight abroad may sound like a fun way to blow off some steam and hang out with your loved ones, it can also become a nightmarish experience if traveled with kids.
Traveling with children can become a tedious adventure instead of the exciting one you were planning all along. Kids, with their crying, yelling and nagging can strike fear into the hearts of their parents. That alone eliminates the purpose of having fun during a journey. Although, a little bit of planning when it comes to packing stuff for the entire family can go a long way. Hence, it is necessary to pack like a pro every time we are about to embark on a journey.
For packing for the entire family, especially for kids, the following are some of the tips and cues which are needed to be developed for your next trip:
- Make a list: Making a list of everyone’s needs, and essentials would make you feel in control. Start making this list days before your journey to make sure that there are no last day additions to the luggage.
- Save space for kids: After completing the list, remove all the unnecessary items for the elders and make sure to carry as many essentials for children as possible. It ‘s hard for the kids to adjust away from home, even if it is a short journey.
- Carry a lunchbox: There are chances that children will not like the food available on airplanes or at airports. So it is necessary to cook home-made food for your kids with which they already accustomed with. But also, make sure that the food you are carrying is as light as possible since abundant food can cause serious stomach problems to kids during a journey.
Also, some of the traveling essentials for children for long trips are as follows:
- For long road trips, make sure you carry a lot of fun activity materials so that kids can engage themselves whenever they feel bored. It is one of the best ways to divert their minds if they are making the journey difficult for others. Such activity materials may include coloring books, sticker books, board games or portable video game devices.
- It doesn’t matter if it is a road trip or a flight journey, there must always be an extra pair of clothes for kids. And especially for babies, you need to carry a couple of more diapers than usual. In case the flight gets delayed by a few hours, you don’t want to find yourself short on supplies.
- A portable DVD player with earphones too can distract their attention entirely from wreaking havoc in a journey. Also, other mobile devices like mp3 players can go a long way in making them sleep. All you need to do is upload some jingles in the player and plug it in your children’ ears at low volume.
- Parents must also carry necessary medicines and a first aid kit if their children are allergic to anything. Also, long journeys can give upset stomachs to anyone, so it is even more important to carry them. Apart from medicines, taking thermometer, bandages, Vaseline, hot water bottles are also a must for any journey.
Lastly, if the kids are matured and understanding enough, you can teach them yourself on how to pack cleverly for a journey. Instead of causing problems for the entire family, it helps the children to stay focused on their activities. And once the voyage remained trouble-free from your kids, you can finally enjoy the much-needed break you deserved.